Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kreativ Blogger Award...


Lynda at Elegance Reclaimed has very kindly nominated us for the Kreativ Blogger award. We are stunned, and more than a little humbled because our blog started as a way of chronicling the evolution of our little estate, and despite the construction not starting for another 8 months, we have found things to blog about (things which we didn't even think other people would find that interesting!) So, as I approach the end of my first year as a blogger we kindly accept this award.

Now for the fulfilment of the acceptance criteria. Here is the checklist of things to do:
  1. Thank the person who nominated me for the award - check
  2. Copy the logo and place it on my blog -check
  3. Link to the person who nominated me - check
  4. List 7 things people may not know about me,
  5. Nominate 7 creative bloggers, and post their links,
  6. Leave a comment/notification to each nominee

So here goes... 7 things which people may not know about me:

1. I am an Emergency Doctor and also an Anglican (Episcopalian) Priest.

2. My favourite colour scheme is deep red with gold.

3. I grew up on a large farm.

4. I love all things classical: Art, Architecture, Sculpture, Music, Latin and Greek Literature.

5. I collect antique clocks: we have 42 clocks all told, the oldest dating to 1740.

6. I am half British and half New Zealander, but a complete Anglophile.

7. I believe that tolerance and love are the greatest things a man can possess.


...And the nominations go to...

1. Leigh at Brabourne Farm
2. Julie at Belle Maison
3. Greet at Belgian Pearls
4. Shannon at Old World Charm
5. M at Little Big House
6. Gina at Willow Decor
7. Karen at Alkemie

I would have also nominated:

Millie at The Laurel Hedge
Stefan at Architect Design
Ange at Chair Up
Meg at Pigtown Design

But I know they have already received nominations!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations David - your Award is so well deserved! I love my visits to Willowbrook Park, you are a wonderful Educator, I always leave knowing that little bit more - thank you.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm flattered and yes i've been nominated a few times which is such a nice feeling :-) I'm afraid I'm a bad sport though...it's hard enough writing the blog w/o having to think of interesting things to say about myself!
    You play fair - very nice to know and you're very accomplished for such a young age (well, as we're the same age and I will always consider myself 'young' -haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is certainly award-worthy David and as you say, the building hasn't even begun yet. I believe people will be blown away when construction begins and they see the vision unfolding. I know I am waiting with bated breath!
    Great to get a little more insight into you as a person too, thanks.
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David! Congratulations to you for receiving this award and thank you so very much for passing it along to me! It's wonderful to know that people like yourself enjoy reading my blog and appreciate all of the work that goes into it. I wish you the best of luck this year and keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi David

    It's lovely to know that so many other people are enjoying your fabulous blog and the incredible journey that you're on. Thank you for including me in your list of favourites. Leigh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...